Monday 8 September 2014

Picket Fences

"My boyfriend recently moved to a different country to work and he has big opportunity to fulfill his dreams. He wants me to move with him when I have finished school. I've had plans to do something else my whole life but he says that if I don't go to live with him, then it's over."

This is an insanely hard position to be in. I bet you are completely torn in half. Unfortunately, it can feel like there is no right answer. Either way you lose something.
You need to ask yourself some serious questions. Take some time to really think about it, this is a huge decision.

The most important question is: Is he or she really worth it? An immediate reaction to this question is most likely a big fat yes... I'm sure this person cares about you a whole lot but you have to question the depth of these feelings... If he or she really cared about you, why would they be putting you in the position? You must be in a lot of pain trying to make the right decision, does he or she know this? It is selfish asking him or her to give up his new job and his new life. So how selfish is it to ask you to give up something you've been looking forward to and working towards your whole life?

At the end of the day, your happiness is on the line. I know how difficult it is to put your life and your happiness first. My whole life I've been making other people happy and doing my best to 'keep the peace'. Essentially I was a doormat. Take control of your destiny. Be strong and stay true to yourself.

I'm sorry I can't tell you what to do. I hope that whatever you choose, you are happy and those around you will see this and be happy too.

Good luck everyone
- We Are Golden



No comments:

Post a Comment